Rocket Jump Technology
Based in Manchester, UK
PC / Mac
King under the Mountain is a simulation-based settlement-building strategy/management game set in a fantasy world.
Ross was a huge fan of Dungeon Keeper (and the other classic Bullfrog management games) from an early age. In the search for a worthy successor to Dungeon Keeper (shoutout to Evil Genius!), Dwarf Fortress was discovered in 2006, which soon showed the strength of a deeply simulated game world as a base for fun and interesting gameplay. Based on this inspiration, along with other classic building games like The Settlers I and II, the concept for King under the Mountain was born as, simply, the game we've always wanted to play! Incorporating some of the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the fun and creativity of designing and building your own dungeon or town, and the peaceful, satisfying "ant-farm"-like feeling of being able to watch your settlers go about their individual tasks, King under the Mountain is our attempt at a unique twist on this blend of major inspirations into the dream project we've always wanted to build and play.
- Build and manage a fantasy settlement in a procedurally-generated world
- Complete mod support – everything you see in the game can be modified or replaced
- Multiple races each with their own unique playstyle
- Turn-based tactical combat
- Asynchronous multiplayer – explore other players’ creations!
Here' a recent-ish in-game video of the current progress YouTube
The trailer is coming soon! Here's M Joshua editing the first pass of it YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "There was something really nice about acknowledging September’s arrival with a video showing in-development trees changing colour."
- Philippa Warr, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "King Under the Mountain offers the kind of quirky strategy you only really get from small (or one-person) studios. As such it has to go on our to-play list."
- The PC Gamer staff, PC Gamer
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Rocket Jump Technology
Rocket Jump Technology is a small indie studio based in Manchester, UK.
More information on Rocket Jump Technology, our logo & relevant media are available here.
King under the Mountain Credits
Concept Artist, Freelancer